Stay in the lovely Tan y Foel Country House in the stunning Snowdonia National Park, beautiful views and wonderful hospitality.
You must have an attitude for altitude for this weekend - its not looking up... more the looking down at over 1300ft below at you spend day 1 descending via abseils, ziplines and rope bridges. The following day, enjoy the sensation of imitating a flying object on Europes longest zipline and reach speeds that will see you normally pulled over on the M1 Motorway!! Early booking is a must.
Our boutique B&B is a place to relax, unwind and escape the hustle and bustle. Set in two acres and surrounded by woods and farmland, we are just five minutes by car from Betws-Y-Coed and within easy reach of the mountains and the coast.
We have just six luxurious en-suite bedrooms, all decorated with imaginative flair.
If you think you're ready for the next level in underground challenge, our Challenge Xtreme adventure will be just what you're looking for. After a short walk up to the entrance with stunning views on all sides, we enter the labyrinth of over fifty miles of tunnel and over a thousand spectacular caverns carved by the Victorians though the very heart of a mountain.
The going gets tough quickly, and it stays tough. Our route takes us over many lofty traverses - balancing on old beams or pipes over breathtaking voids of [Caver crossing a zip line underground] darkness. We cross ancient timber bridges and abseil off hideous drops to sink deeper and deeper under the earth.
Ultimately we reach the very bottom accessible floor of the mine - 1,300 feet under the mountain. It is here that we are at the very deepest point that can be reached in Snowdonia
ZipWorld Velocity set in Penryn Slate mine, North Wales is Europes longest zipline activity.
The historic slate mine is the venue to enjoy the thrills as we take you on a ride of a lifetime on two ziplines, the first a meagre 800m of torpedo speed down the Little Zipper before taking the 20 minute guided tour up to the launch pad of the 1600m Big Zipper. The speed test was initially 80mph and now they say 100mph... Whatever speed you fly at, the acceleration at launch is incredible and at an altitude of 700ft over the lake, the most amazing view (if you have your eyes open!).
- 2 Night Stay Tan y Foel Country House Bed and Breakfast
- 2 activites as listed above
- Full Instruction
- Equipment & Skills Training
- Travel Pack with itinerary, recommended clothing directions and maps.
Points to consider
- Price based on Tan y Foel Country House, 2 people sharing
- Into the Mountain Extreme min age 18 years
- Zip World min age 10 years Max Weight 120kg Min Weight 30kg Max Height 2m (6ft 6in)
- Weekends available Easter to End of November
- Under 18 year olds require parental consent
- Low season December, January, February. Call us for special offers 0203 1944 216
- Please note that ZipWorld is weather dependent. Generally high winds are the cause for disruption.
At a GlanceFrom: £323.00per person
Duration: 2 Nights / 2 Activities
Location: / Betws y Coed / Bethesda
Complete your details below and any questions you may have
0203 318 8818